The Israel Philatelic Federation (IPF) is a non-profit organization that promotes philately in Israel. IPF works closely with the Israel Philatelic Service and is supported by the Israel Postal Company.
Organized philatelic activity in Israel began even before the establishment of the State. The Union of Philatelic Federations in Eretz Israel was founded in Tel Aviv on April 11, 1945 and became a member of the FIP (Fédération Internationale de Philatélie) the following year, adopting the accepted international standards of philately.
With today’s accelerated technological development and the blossoming of social networks, it would seem that the stamp, with all of its images and variety of themes, is losing its value and becoming less of a part of our lives.
But this is not the case – countries throughout the world continue to issue stamps with the same zeal they have shown in the past. Philatelic items, including covers and postcards, reflect political, social and economic processes. Artistic standards and innovative design and printing technologies are also expressed through stamps.
Thus, and similar to philatelic federations around the world, IPF works vigorously to promote stamp collecting by supporting veteran collectors, upgrading the "professionals" and most importantly – training young philatelists to become the next generation, one that will bring new energy to the king of all hobbies.
IPF operates in two areas:
- Represents stamp collectors vis a vis the Israel Philatelic Service
- Participates in the planning and design processes of new Israeli stamps
- Involved in the issue of special philatelic items
- Shovel– quarterly philatelic magazine
- Youth activities in schools
- Local and professional philatelic associations
- Philatelic library
-Local and international stamp exhibitions
- Monthly stamp fair
- Philately Day – annual conference
- Organizes global and international stamp exhibitions with participation of the world wide top stamp collectors.
- Encourages and assists Israeli philatelists to participate in exhibitions abroad
- Member of the FIP and FEPA organizations
- Represents Israel at professional FIP committees
- Professional cooperation with national stamp federations abroad
The Israel Philatelic Federation invites you to join the Israeli philately family. You too can be part of organized philately, enabling you to be advised of local and global activities and innovations in the field of philately, updated regarding the commercial and philatelic value of your collection, learn how to preserve your stamps and present your collection at exhibitions.